Im pregnant, and I don't know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• go to the doctor would be a start
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:19 PM on May. 11, 2010

• It will be ok, just give yourself some time to let it sink in.In the mean while take care of yourself and the unborn.
    Anonymous

• what do you mean? that's pretty broad. just start taking care of yourself and make a dr opt to get prenatal care set up.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:26 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Well, when I was 19 and found myself with no money or anything to prepare me, I was pretty upset, but I will tell you what I did. First, go somewhere and get proof that you are pregnant. You can go to a local pregnancy clinic. Go and apply for medicaid. It will cover all of your prenatal care, hospital stay, and your baby for the first year of its life. You may also qualify for WIC which I would suggest getting to make sure you and baby are well nourished. After I had my baby (10 months after), I worked at a Day care and my son came to work with me. I am 25 now. I am finishing my bachelor's degree in a year and I am about to start working from home for liveops as an insurance agent. I'm doing well in other words. You can plenty of aid to finish school, help ,etc. PM me and I can tell you more about how to get help GL. and God Bless
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:48 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Before you started having sex, you and your partner should have discussed what to do in case of an unplanned pregancy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 AM on May. 12, 2010

• rkoloms, though that was great advice, it's a little late and didn't seem very helpful. JMO.

OP, Have you told the father or your parents? You sound a little shocked right now. Lowencope makes many helpful suggestions. Unplanned pregnancies are not the end of the world. You may become a mother sooner than you had thought, but many have and had wonderful lives. Can you be more specific on what it is that you don't know what to do about? School, housing, medical, family....????
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:42 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Well I'd begin with planning. Take a deep breath and let it out. Then sit down and make a plan. It won't seem so overwhelming if you write things down. Don't do this alone though. Get a support system. You may carry the child alone but you don't have to go through the pregnancy alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:05 PM on May. 12, 2010