Could I have been pregnant for 2 years?

When I was pregnant with my son (18mnt) they kept finding a tumor in my uterus. When they delivered him to remove it it was gone. I got on BC as soon as I could incase something came up. I didnt plan on it but ya never know,well nothing has "came up" so to speak since I was 3 months preg with my son. I kept getting a shot bc i didnt have my period.
3 Weeks ago I started and it was HEAVY! Finally after 2 weeks of it getting worse and worse to where I changed 3 pads an hour I went to the DR. They ordered an DNC.

Today I went back for a check up. My Dr. said they found early conception. Well I havent had sex for 2 years. So how could that be?

I was thinking maybe 2 eggs got fertilized when I conceived my son. Only 1 developed. I had a csection so maybe they didnt catch the other ebryo and it stayed in there. Then finally after 2 years (of no period to cleanse) my body finally went crazy trying to clean the uterus

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Health

• maybe it that was just a mass they assumed was something else
    Anonymous

• IDK but I saw a show once on a woman that had a "stone baby" or something like that for like.... 20 years! The baby had died but she never delivered it and her body did not reabsorb it either. Instead, her body formed a calcium shell around it like oysters do to make pearls. It was pretty weird!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Who knows weirder things have happened. When my sister got pregnant she was in a car accident and they did an ultrasound just to see if everything was alright. They found a growth the size of a grapefruit and decided on surgery even though she was pregnant. It turns out the growth on her ovary was a mass of tissue with teeth, hair and bone fragments. They said that she must have been a twin and the other cluster of baby cells was in her ovary. Then when she got pregnant the hormones caused that mass to grow. Also my cousin had testicular cancer and was told the cause was the same, a twin. Strange.

Anonymous

• VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:25 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I forgot to say that her baby survived the surgery and was fine.
    Anonymous

• Wow- I would be so curious I would really ask them to look more closely at the mass. That's insane. Unless it did the calsifying thing, I wonder what would have preserved it.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:49 AM on May. 12, 2010