I was told by a friend of mine that taking pills would stop the pregnancy since this is my first period missed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• if you are pregnant you are pregnant. pills can harm but may and probably wont kill the baby in the womb.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Are you referring to the morning after pill or the birth control pill or what? If you already pregnant, then it will not terminate your pregnancy. If it is within three days of having unprotected sex, then the pill will prevent the pregnancy from happening. I don't know how old you or your friends are, but you really need to be careful. A baby will change your life. I became pregnant with my son at 19 and it was very difficult.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:34 PM on May. 11, 2010

• you should ask a doctor. friends always mean well, but they dont always know what they are talking about. i wouldnt take anything until youve taken a pregnancy test to know for sure.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 10:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I seriously hope you aren't a teenager. But nonetheless you shouldn't be having sex. The morning after pill only works up to 72 hours and won't terminate an existing pregnancy.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:49 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Your friends are misguiding you- everything the previous posters have said is the truth.

I became pregnant with my dd (who is now 9) when I was 15- you should be thinking about a trip to the clinic, if you do not want to have a baby. Taking BC pills, or the morning after pill will only make you sick if you are already pregnant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:09 PM on May. 11, 2010

• f you take two BC pills AFTER sex it MAY keep the egg from placing on the wall..
    if you are pregnant you are pregnant..
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 12:24 AM on May. 12, 2010

• LMAO This section is for advice on teenage CHILDREN of cafemoms... not advice for stupid teenagers who got pregnant. LOL WOW. Go to the pregnancy section.

Oh and you really don't deserve a child. :(
    Anonymous

• Im 18... And thank u everyone who gave me advice i NEVER said i was going to take the pill i just was asking if it works.. So to the stupid ass hole who made that comment about me not needing children is an absolute ass hole!!!
    Anonymous