What does the word "boo" mean to you?

I was in the car with my boyfriend and his cousins soon to be ex wife called him. First of all he missed the call and called her right back. That's not the problem. He said Hey boo how r u? Then she asked 'what he was doing'. I didn't feel comfortable with that at all. His excuse was 'I called her that because of what she was going through with my cousin'. I didn't buy it even though he said that boo crap didn't mean anything to him. However it meant something to me. Am I over reacting or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I've heard it used as a term of endearment. I personally don't use it, nor does my husband.

but overall, yea, I'd probably be pissed about that one.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:45 PM on May. 11, 2010

• isn't it just a term of endearment..why i don't know..but not really sure what the problem is, unless you know stuff about him that would be relevent to this story. either way, why does it matter? 'boo' used to mean BOO!..guess it still could, depending on the person. lol
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i always thought boo was an affectionate term like babe or baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I always thought it was something that ghosts say when they want to scare you at halloween. LOL

But seriously, I thought it was similar to a term of endearment or another word for boyfriend or girlfriend. So, if he said "Hey, Boo how are you?" , then he was either trying to scare her or using a term of endearment.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes that's what I thought as well aliishot. do you all think I am over reacting about this. If it makes a difference I'm 37 and he's 39.
    Anonymous

• this website is helpful: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/boo
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• ive always heard it used as an affectionate word like baby or somethin soething couples use i would be sooo pissed.
    amy_cox_24

Answer by amy_cox_24 at 10:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• lol I knew you gals would say something about "boo" meaning scary. But I am refering to the 'boo' meaning significant other.
    Anonymous