Going from red to blonde?

I am naturally a medium blonde. I play with my hair color fairly often and have never had trouble getting it back to something like natural if I wanted/needed to. However, I was a redhead for about six months and now I can't seem to get the orange tint away! I did Color Oops and it helped a lot, but then a week later I used a blonde dye close to my natural color, it came out very dark and orangey. I waited a few weeks and tried a color promising the lightest natural blonde and...it is lighter orange. Any tips on a good kit to get the orange out? Should I bleach or strip again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i think u should go all bald .. all natural !! that will help for the fresh mane to come out with original color .
    besides, its summer so the cool breeze will do u good :D
    Anonymous

• I would bleach it or dye it blonde again using this stuff call red out its like this tiny little tube of stuff. You add a couple drops to the hair dye and it keeps your hair from tinting red.
    You can get it at Sallys beauty supply
    Anonymous

• strip it and then color it....bleach will destroy your hair
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:02 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Get professional help. It'll need stripping and careful tint work.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:40 AM on May. 12, 2010

• i agree with getting pro help but they would probably put a dark to medium brown on it and then put blonde highlights if you want
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:12 AM on May. 12, 2010

• OP here: The one time I had a professional help me before, I'm not sure what she did but she FRIED my hair. It was awfully dry and damaged, whereas every time I've done it myself it's stayed healthy. Plus I'm broke, haven't paid anyone else to so much as cut my hair in 3 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 12, 2010

• The only way to get the red out is to cut it out. My friend is a natural light blonde. She tried red. When she wanted to go back blonde she came into our salon and every hairdresser there told her it couln't be done. 3 malibu treatments later it was the color of the yellow lines on the road.
    If you bleach or strip it again you will cause extreme damage. If that happens you may have no choice but to cut it all off.
    The number one correction we see in the salon is for color. You need a professional color specialist and they may not be able to correct it.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:45 PM on May. 12, 2010