Did you take prenatal vitamins? Before you concieved too? What type?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The over the counter ones are just as good as the prescriptions...just make sure that they have folic acid as some will not and this is crucial to healthy development. Most women get naseous when taking them so get the coated ones or take just before bed.

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:13 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Just looked and I am taking Nature Made liquid softgel +DHA

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:15 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I take Twin Lab prenatal, they're over the counter, I took them before I got pregnant, while I was pregnant, while I was breastfeeding, and after I was done until I got pregnant again (now) So I've been taking them for 3 years now (dd just turned 2).

Answer by Blueliner at 11:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i took womens one-a-days prenatal vitamins. i still take them. they work wonders on my hair and nails!

Answer by sstokes86 at 11:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• New Chapter Perfect Prenatal

It is a whole food vitimin...3x a day...but it's gentile and can be taken on an empty stomach.  You should take them while TTC, during pregnancy and postpartum for the duration of nursing.  I'm ordering online from now on though...I paid almost twice the price listed here:

Answer by boomamma at 11:35 PM on May. 11, 2010