I'm pregnant and my 4 yr old is acting weird, is this normal?

Ok here it is ladies...
My 4 year old daughter has recently seen my sis-in-law breastfeed her newborn.. so now I am about 4 months pregnant, and my daughter has gotten in the habbit of "sucking" on my breasts,( I'm always wearing a shirt ofcourse!) while I am laying down, sleeping, or hugging her. I've told her that that is not ok because she doesnt need breatsmilk anymore. I'm now in a position where I feel extremely uncofortable...what can I do to stop this? and Am i overreacting ?

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 1:39 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like she is having some anxiety about the new baby........completely natural and normal........she probably needs some extra love and attention at this time and reassurance about her place in the family and how you will need special help from her with the baby now that she is a big girl etc etc......I wouldnt worry about the other, I think thats just her crying for attention and wanting to feel like she is the baby, I am sure it wont last long.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:51 AM on May. 12, 2010

• maybe try to explain to her that your breast are for the new baby now. she may be having issues with a new baby coming into the house. my aunt got her son a "big brother" present to help him adjust. and a baby doll to show him how to hold the baby and take care of it. i dont think your overreacting.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:53 AM on May. 12, 2010

• YES
    Anonymous