How would you handle this?

Ok so my SO and I have been together for 3 years and have a baby together, we just got engaged. He ISN'T at all a dirty person but sometimes will go a few days without a shower or even changing his cloths before bed. This drives me crazy since he is a contractor and works hard. So here is my question how would you tell your SO that they need to take a shower or that they stink but not hurt their feelings??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm touchy subject. Maybe entice him to shower WITH you--like offer to wash his back --and other sweeter places where you can soap him and gently rinse him,It always creates the mood for me, and has never failed to put him in the mood too!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:50 AM on May. 12, 2010

• My husband and I do this all the time, "Soo.. you know it will be sexy if we take a shower together" lol.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 2:37 AM on May. 12, 2010

• If I had this problem I think I would handle it directly, pretty much telling him he needs to shower everyday for his personal hygiene and yours also....another thing tell him dont think men at work dont notice this, my husband is an electrican and he said so many co workers would come to work dirty without showering and how off putting it was for others, none of the other men wanted to work with any of those guys, so its not for himself but also for consideration of others around him.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:47 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I would be direct. He has to shower before bed because of germs in the work environment, dirt in the work environment, and because he stinks. If my husband didn't shower or change before bed for several days I would sleep elsewhere until he got the picture. There have been a handful of occasions where my husband wasn't *that* dirty and felt too exhausted to shower before bed so he just changed his clothes and crawled in and I changed the sheets and showered dd and me the next day. He knew I didn't like it though.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:36 AM on May. 12, 2010

• LOL I guess hubby and I are strange cause I have no problem tellin him "babe you need a shower you stink!" LOL..He works outside and especially now that It's hot he gets all sweaty and smelly...Call me odd but who cares? I love my hubby and sometimes he'll crawl into bed smellin like a wet dog, but It really doesn't bother me..Unless hubby is working at a sewer plant he could go for days without showering if he wanted....Just don't go into a marraige thinking you are gonna change the behavior it won't work...if you and your SO are comfortable with each other tell him outright "hunny I love you but you smell like a garbage dump on a hot summer day" or if you feel the need to be more gental, invite him to shower with you, buy him some ax or some other shower gel and explain to him how much you LOOOVVEEE the smell and love to smell it on him...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 5:03 AM on May. 12, 2010

• OK, if he goes a few days with out a shower or changing his clothes then he IS a dirty person. If my husband ever did that I would be very direct and say "you stink, go take a shower" and I'm pretty sure he would do the same.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:34 AM on May. 12, 2010

• My husband isn't that sensitive so I'd just tell him that he needs a shower. I don't think you'll hurt his feelings if you just say it and don't make a big deal out of it. Don't tell him he stinks all the time and he needs to take a shower everyday. Just whenever you smell him say "You need a shower." As for the clothes in bed buy him some pajamas and tell him you don't want him bringing construction debris into the bed. I don't think he'll get hurt feelings over any of that.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:04 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I would just come right out and say it. Hygiene is something that is a big priority in my house so I wouldn't pull any punches.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:26 AM on May. 12, 2010