Tummy Tuck gone wrong?

Anyone have a bad cosmetic surgery story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Okay here..In 1996 I had my first child. via c-section. I ended up with a wound infection and it had to be reopened. In 1997, I went to have the scar repaired. The doctor offered a tummy tuck as well. After the surgery, I went to my post op check and the binder came off. The intern noted redness to the doctor, but the doctor said it was normal inflammation. The next day, I started getting fevers in the 102-103 range so I went to the ER. My labs were normal and I had to follow up with my plastic surgeon the next day. I had to drive myself to the hospital with a fever of 104 and in excruciating pain. The doctor gave me an antibiotic for "mild" cellulitis. The next day the incision started to leak and the drainage smelled like something was rotting. So I went back to the doctor and he and his resident had to squeeze an infected hematoma out. I stunk up the exam room. I ended up having to do dressing changes again because I had
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 12, 2010

• (cont) a big tunnel/hole from the infection. I had to be the one to pull out the gauze and stuff it back in because my husband could not get any more time off work. I literally had to drug myself with Tylox prior to the dressing change because it hurt so bad. The lab cultures came back positive for Strep A. It took 8 months to heal and I ended up with a second belly button looking thing. I had a scar revision a year later and it turned out okay. It was horrible. The pain from a tummy tuck and the infection hurt worse than any c-section I ever had. It was so NOT worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 12, 2010