Sick baby Help!

Almost two weeks ago my 12 month old daughter woke up on her birthday with croup. The dr gave us medicine to help the swelling. She improved but has had a cough since then. The dr. warned us about this, but I am exhausted. Every night at least once, sometimes twice, I am waken because she can't stop coughing. She sleeps with a humidifier propped on a pillow. As you all know, she wiggles off the pillow throughout the night. I have also tried nasal drops and honey. It usually takes a half an hour to stop the coughing but tonight is worse. Nothing seems to work. I took her in the bathroom with the shower on for steam and it worked for a couple minutes. Now she is coughing again. I feel like we should just get up and play since she can't sleep. I try rocking her on my lap but she just coughs and coughs and wants down to play. Help!

Hannah1718

Asked by Hannah1718 at 2:47 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Health

• It sounds like you have done everything right! I'd call the doctor or bring her back in to be re-checked. You all need some sleep!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:03 AM on May. 12, 2010

• See if your doctor can prescribe you a nebulizer machine. It uses albuterol, usually. The child holds the mouth piece between her teeth or near her mouth, and it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on May. 12, 2010