How is the food at the Hospital?

Curious on how good or bad was the food. Did you take food with you or Did your hubby bring you food during your stay at the Hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly it varies from hospital to hospital. This however was the last thing on my mind when I gave birth. I was in too much of a high to care because I had just had my new little one to love and fawn over.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:54 AM on May. 12, 2010

• You know what people complain and make jokes about it all the time, but I loved it. It's not mom's cooking, but it's not horrible.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:55 AM on May. 12, 2010

• At the hospital I go to its pretty good. They even set up a congradulatory dinner for the new parents. Its very sweet!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:55 AM on May. 12, 2010

• They'd bring you the menu beforehand which is good.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:59 AM on May. 12, 2010

• at the hospital i had my son at you actually get to pick what you want to eat at each meal. they give you a menu a couple hours before each meal and you get to circle anything you want to eat. you have no limit on how much you get even. and there was quit a bit to choose from on each menu. I like it! lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:01 AM on May. 12, 2010

• the best thing to do is take a tour of ure hospital during ure pregnancy. its usually free. they'll tell u about everything they have or do not that in their hospital. and all the services they provide. i dont know about the food they serve in the hospital i'll be going to in sep (for my first baby) but i do know the food they serve in their main cafeteria is really good. and not that expensive either. so if i dont like the food they serve to their patients i can always ask my DH to get me something from the cafeteria. and yes i checked that also, we are allowed to do that in my hospital.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2010

• It was HORRIBLE!!!! I had hubby bring me food.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:49 AM on May. 12, 2010

• It depends on the hospital. The one where I work is horrible. You get very limited choices and they aren't very good. The hospital where I had my kids was actually pretty good. They have a huge menu and you just call when you want something. They have certain hours that the kitchen is open, buy you can call anytime in there. I did have my hubby bring food for one meal just so that we could eat something together. Also, don't use the cafeteria as a guide. In every hospital I know of, they offer different selections to the pts than they do in the cafeteria.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 10:42 AM on May. 12, 2010

• It varies from hospital to hospital. For me it varied from baby to baby. I think with my 5 babies there were 4 or 5 different heads, so the food was different almost every time - I had one baby that the food was incredible, and I had 1 baby that the food was horrid. When my DD was in a different hospital, the in-room options for her were really really good, but the cafeteria options were kind of blech - both DH and I were there with her and only one of us could order an in-room meal so we had to hit the caff a few times (snowed in, going out wasn't an option). I did have my mom bring me a few different things at different points of my hospital stays with new babies (she lives really close, and was available more than DH was because of his work).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 12, 2010