my dd???

last night when i went to work my dh took my dd and some of her friends out to the mall to the video arcade...my dh was concerned he said the girls all paired off and left my dd.well i knew this was going to happen. but it seems as if my dd is odd girl out all the time.she doesnt have many friends.our town is very competitive and sports oriented. my dd also doesnt like team sports. she likes swimming and tennis.i am wondering about this being alone thing. it also was strange that my dh noticed this cause he never usually notices anything...i am worried about her going to middle school.any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• How does she handle it?? For the most part my dd is a lone wolf too. She doesn't let it bother her though. She's still a straight A student and gets along with most everyone, but only has one or two close friends. I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:15 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Talk to your dd about it, she may be choosing to be by herself, some kids prefer their own company. If this isn't the case then talk to her about why she thinks the others are leaving her out. Approach the subject gently, & really listen to what she has to say. Kids have way more insight then we give them credit for.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:46 AM on May. 12, 2010

• op-op my dh and i have noticed that she braggs, we have told her that the kids may not like this and quit frankly we are not sure what she is bragging about...we do feel as if her self esteem is low ,like i said before her friends are better than her at sports and she has a an iep. and we think this is her way of sort of fitting in.or feeling better.well i dont think this is getting her anywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 12, 2010