Question about PPD...

Is it possible to still have post partum depression 18 months after giving birth? and be 5 months pregnant with the second child? If so, is there another name for the PPD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't know the medical answer here. Were you diagnosed w/ PPD after the birth of your 1st? @ 5 mo pregnant my hormones were running wild & there were many days I found myself crying w/out any reason. Sure its not just the hormone changes associated w/ pregnancy? Time to call your ob, if you're feeling depressed then talk to them & see what they recommend, they know you better than we do & if you have a history of depression they know what has/hasn't worked. Make sure you get time for yourself everyday, I'm sure you're overwhelmed & exhausted! Good luck!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:38 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Yes. PPD can happen any time with in the first 2 years and maybe even last longer if untreated. You need to call your doctor. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: Nyx7- I was diagnosed with PPD two months after giving birth to my daughter. They gave me lexapro for a while, and then I quit taking it. I've never really felt completely better, but it seems that since getting pregnant again it's gotten alot worse!!! I'll be sure to talk to my OB about it at our next appointment.
    Anonymous