what's going on??

I have been taking zofran cause of the Hyperemesis G. I was diagnosed with and it's been working for the 2 weeks I have been taking it now I'm 12 weeks preggo and I'm starting to get nauseous again could this mean it's not working anymore or is the baby not liking what I'm eating I mean whats going on anyone know?? I'm also really tired and I wasn't tired like this with my first pregnancy. Could it be just because of the second pregnancy that I'm so tired or is it because of my husbands genes?? This is my second baby but my first with him maybe I'm just talking non sense I don't have anyone to talk to so any info would be much need pretty please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB. They can up your Zofran dose. Are you on dissolvables? Sometimes those are better b/c they go away quickly instead of sticking around on an empty tummy. I had HG w/ my 2 previous pregnancies and it was hell... so I know exactly how you feel. As for the fatigue, I think most women are more tired w/ subsequent preg's than w/ their 1st one b/c they have more to handle. I'm absolutely exhausted w/ this one b/c I have 2 kids (6&3) and I work FT and go to college at night. Try to get rest when you can and eat light meals 6x/day. GL
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:26 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. Let your doc know right away maybe s/he can change the dosage. I never had it (thankfully by the sounds of it!) but I've had plenty of friends with it. I feel really really bad for you! What hell it must be!! Fatigue is common with pregnancy...especially with subsequent pregnancies. With my 1st prego, I was very active, walking everywhere while I attended college. With #2, I was in to my unfortunate desk-job, so sitting all day for about 10 hours a day. I got lazy & became very fatigued...similar with #3, too. #4 I tried to get a little more active since I was a SAHM then...that seemed to help the fatigue during the day, but was definitely ready for bed by 9!!! Same with #5...I was tired, but not to the point where I couldn't function. Exercise really helped!
    Good luck to you!!! (I agree with the frequent light meals (crackers, veggies, fruit, divided up in many meals) to help nausea!!!)
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 11:32 AM on May. 12, 2010