Feeding Issues

My daughter is 7 months old. She usually drinks 5 ounces of formula every 3 hours and finishes all of it. The past 3 days she hasn't finished any of her bottles. Shes only drinking 2-4 ounces. Even after 4 hours in between each bottle she won't finish them. Should i be worried? Should I take her to the doctor?
Thank you...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son dropped his intake down at this age also. If shes getting atleast 24oz in 24 hours your fine (the recommended range is 24 to 32oz and i believe after 8 months the minumum drops again, i want to say to 16oz?) They drop down as they get closer to a year usually. If they kept eating how they did they would be little blimps..lol..You can always call the doc and ask. Or call a nurse line if you get worried.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:33 AM on May. 12, 2010

• OP: It drops down if they are getting baby... But she's not... She won't eat that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 12, 2010

• If she isnt eating solids than i would take her in. I guess i shouldnt assume all 7 month olds are on solids..lol..I would atleast call the doc....
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:38 AM on May. 12, 2010

• It depends on what she's eating.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:42 AM on May. 12, 2010

• My son is 11 months and he still has days when he's not hungry and then days when he will eat and eat and eat, I asked my doc, and she said that it's normal. It's all about the growth spirts.
    Heather10285

Answer by Heather10285 at 10:59 AM on May. 12, 2010