is this normal?

dd wants to put everything on her "la la"..she dubbed her girl part that name. lol, well lately she wants to put everything down there...we taught her how to wash herself off when she's in the bath..could that be the cause of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• very normal. explain to her that its HER private part and not for touching or showing anyone else except mommy (in case of injury,diaper change, etc.)
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 10:48 AM on May. 12, 2010

• thanks sstokes86....i wasn't too worried about it..but dh thought it was a little odd.
    Anonymous

• My son was very interested in why his sister didn't have a penis. He was 3 and she was 2 when we had this conversation. After that she would pull her panties down and sit, knees up head between her legs and then look at me with big eyes and say, "gina". This went on for a short period of time but she eventually lost interest.
    My dd was about 3 when we started to teach her how to wash her private parts on her own and one night she was washing and said mommy there's something in my vagina. Concerned I asked, what? My finger! and she laughted so hard! Kids are weird like that but so long as it seems innocent I wouldn't worry.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:34 AM on May. 13, 2010