Just so tired all the time, and it's only the beginning

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I am so tired all the time. I've scheduled my first Gyno appointment for next week Tuesday, to get some more information. I've read allot about being tired during pregancy, but can I be really so tired during my first semester? If I can sleep for days, I probably will. Any suggestions will be appreciated and anyone else going through the same as me. Thanks

Vlekkie

Asked by Vlekkie at 11:00 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went through this during my first trimester with both my pregnancies. I would fall asleep nearly anywhere. The only advice I have for you is to take naps when you can and by the time you go into your second trimester you should start getting energy back but be prepared for the sleepiness again in the third.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I agree with the first answer I have the same problem. I'm 12 weeks now and I'm still so so sleepy. I wash dishes I want to go lay down I clean my bathroom I want to lay down, throw a couple of loads of laundry in I want to lay down apparently from what I have been told your body is going into over drive trying to make preparations for the new comer in your body. It from what people have said ease up the second tri the first is all about making the baby and then the placenta which really makes you tired cause of the increase in hormones and the energy it takes to form it which is the stage I'm at right now. Hopefully what has been said about getting your energy back the second tri will be true. My first preggo wasn't this tiring till I was close to having her but this one I have been more sick, more tired, and sleeping more I could sleep all day if it wasn't for my 5 yr old but when she naps I nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 12, 2010

• i was like that, and i am now 31 weeks and still take about 2 naps a day. i would fall asleep talking! its pretty normal. your body needs the sleep, so don't think something is wrong with you...
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 12:23 PM on May. 12, 2010

• i was like that in my 1 trim and in my 2 trim i started getting my energy back and im in the my 3 trim now and im back to being tired all the time
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your answers. So happy to see that everyone is tired during the 1st trimester. God Bless
    Vlekkie

Answer by Vlekkie at 10:12 AM on May. 21, 2010