is there a diffrence between mis spelling a word and makeing a typo?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 11:05 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• misspelling mean you do not know how to spell a word.

a typo is an accidental misspelling.

Typo Example: like when you accidentally hit the "i" instead of the "u" on the key board.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:08 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Yes. What kind of question is this? If you accidentally spell a word because you accidentally hit a different key when you're typing, that's one thing..but if you spell a word wrong because you don't know how to spell it...that's another thing. I hate when people don't know how to spell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I don't know if you were moving too fast and accidently hit the wrong keys, or if your question has misspellings.

is there a diffrence between mis spelling a word and makeing a typo

is there a difference between misspelling a word and making a typo

---- I've noticed when you ask a Q here, there is no spell check option (it is only available when you answer a Q)

If you have spelling problems, and you have a word processer on your PC, you can always type your posts there and then CC&P them back to cafe' mom.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:11 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I consider something a typo when it's obvious they hit the wrong key. Like letters right beside each other

misspelled is rather obvious too, such as seperate instead of separate. The E and A are not right beside each other, there for it was a conscious act to type the E
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 12, 2010

• or go to google.. I use that when i feel like a word I spell isn't right.. it irks me when I misspell anything
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:51 AM on May. 12, 2010

• If a word is misspelled, then you (general you) are stupid.

If it is a typo, then the computer is stupid.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:54 AM on May. 12, 2010

• It depends. For you yourself - do you believe there is an E in makeing (as you spelled it)? Because if you do, that's a misspell. If you know there isn't an E in making (how it's really spelled) but you slipped up and one ended up in there by accident, that's a typo. There's a HUGE difference in misspells and typos - if a person knows better, it's a typo (I'm anal about spelling, so if there's anything here that's wrong, it's a pure accident because I'm typing fast and didn't catch it), otherwise it's misspelling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Anon10:48 - lol - I always have to seriously sit down & think about seperate & separate! lol
    I always type faster than my brain thinks! So, for Anon 10:56, yep, if there's anything here that's wrong, it's a pure accident because I'm typing too fast & didn't catch it! lol I'm the exact same way:)
    As for the OP...seriously?! Why start a thread with no apparent real purpose?!
    Anonymous