Papoose board for dental work

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• well, they did that to my daughter and said I should get one to use at home to brush her teeth. It didn't hurt her, but she cried the whole time. She HATED it. They had to use rubber coated clamp things to pry her mouth open. They whole thing was barbaric! I never went back. Now we go to a dentist that does partial sedation for her. It is far more kind than what we put her through with the papoose board!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:21 AM on May. 12, 2010

• My son had to have a tooth pulled and it was either be admitted to a children's hospital or be immobilized. He was a small toddler and they wrapped him in a lab coat and it was over in minutes. Much less traumatic than a hospital stay.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:21 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Oh Lord they put my son in one when he was 2 so he could have 2 stitches put in. He screamed bloody murder! Good luck to you!
    Anonymous