Do you or have you ever experienced heart or chest pains?

This has been ongoing with me for about 5 years. I have these sharp,sometimes breath taking pains where my heart is. Sometimes If I am laying on my right side in bed, my heart hurts so bad, i have to roll over but I have to do it very carefully because if I move to fast, it hurts even worse. Sometimes it hurts when I'm sitting up in bed and I go to scoot down to lay down. It is really starting to scare me. I have had an EKG done when it first started hurting about 5 years ago and they found nothing. What could it be? I was thinking maybe it could be anxiety so they out me on Cymbalta at one point but I still get the pains. I am pregnant too and I get scared I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm only 33.I was thinking a pulled muscle but I've done nothing to get that,besides, its been 5 years.I would say I get the pains at least once a day if not more.Has anyone else experienced this,what was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Health

• It could be afib, but if it only happens a couple times here and there, it could just be palpitations. Have you seen a cardiologist? They can put you on a holter monitor.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:44 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Costochondritis is an inflammation of a rib or the cartilage connecting a rib. It is a common cause of chest pain. I get it and two of my children get it. It can be very painful.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&ei=XsnqS9PfBYH58Abq9bznDg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CCoQBSgA&q=costochondritis&spell=1

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:31 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I don't know what that is. I do have pains sometimes in my heart that feels like a pulled muscle. I'm only 28 but i'm also a big hypochondriac.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 12, 2010

• the only time I ever had chest pain was at age 22. it kind of freaked me out but in my case it was pleurisy. Axiety can cause chest pain but that seems like a long time to have chest pain without any answers. scary
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I get it frequently. I'm not pregnant. I have a heart condition. I go, and always have gone, to the chiropractor. Sometimes it's as simple as a rib being out of place causing the pain. Sometimes it's my condition. An EKG doesn't show much in the grand scheme of things - I get them regularly and even my cardiologist said an EKG alone just isn't enough. Talk to your OB/doc, get a referral to a cardiologist, do NOT downplay ANY of what you've gone through, ask for an echocardiogram (u/s of the heart and its functions, safe in pregnancy), even an event monitor (holter basically, but smaller, and you have to hit the button yourself to record when something's happening).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I get chest pains too. There are times where I have it quite constantly for a few days or weeks and then it goes away for a few months. I have been to the doctor and she never does anything but an EKG. (way to keep those costs down, doc, I am sure BC/BS is ever so greatful) And I do worry about it because my family has a history of heart problems. My g-grand father died at 31, my grandfather 60, my uncle at 47 and his son at 46. So far my father has outlived every male in his family and he's 65. I need to find a new doctor. But right now I can't aford to have anything done anyway.
    Anonymous

• We have a history of heart disease in our family too. Thats why this is really beginning to worry me. But its like the doctors look at you like your stupid or making it up or something because I'm only 33. I know I need to mention it again. I need to push for some type of test other than an EKG.
    Anonymous