• In the Spotlight:

how long...little gross

so i have been horribly constipated for days, i drank this herbal tea which is an all natural laxative yesterday and today i have horrible diarrhea. the question is how long does diarrhea from a laxative last? also i can't take anything for the diarrhea cause i'm pregnant. i just want to know if this will be over soon cause i've already hit the toilet 4 times in the past 2 hours

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Health

• if you're pregnant, you shouldn't have taken a laxative. FYI

generally it lasts about 24 hours though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 12, 2010

• its a tea that i was told to drink for my constipation because it's safe during pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Of course you wouldn't take anything for the diarrhea even if you weren't pregnant. You only have diarrhea because you took the laxative. You'll just have to wait it out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Sorry... you have to wait it out. Eat a BRAT diet in the meantime. Constipation from pregnancy is very normal. Try to increase fluids and activity.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:43 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I suggest the BRAT diet too. Also people she said it was a natural tea for constipation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 12, 2010

• You shouldn't take laxatives while pregnant, I think it would be easier for you in the future to modify you diet, like drinking lots of water, eating lots of whole grains, high fiber, raw veggies,fruits. I get really really really backed up after any type of surgery, because of the anestheia, and the pain meds after. Anyway I have started to make sure to poop stew,-- you brown hamburger with you favorite spices and onions and stuff, then it a big roaster pan or cassarole dish, you peel and cut up carrots, celery, potaotes, rutagaga (SP?), onion, add cooked hamburger, and tomato juice and a big can of tomatoes, stewed or diced what ever you like, and some tomato soup. There is so many veggies in there it has to help with you poop problem!! When I got my tubes tied, I was really backed up, when to the doctor and he wanted to hospitalze me for low bowel sounds, but i didn't have a sitter and didn't want to, the stew worked for me
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:02 PM on May. 12, 2010

• i don't think i could increase fluid or activity any more than i do. i already work out at the gym a couple hours a day and drink LOTS of water, i have been doing so for years and pregnancy didn't change that. i know constipation is normal, i'm almost 8 months...it's just this time it was like a huge plug that would not come out for almost a week and i was in pain from it
    Anonymous

• it was an herbal tea!! i was told to drink it for the constipation!! how many times does that have to be said!!!
    Anonymous

• Next time anal sex. The 100% safe and natural way to stimulate and lubricate to make you go.
    Anonymous