I am a stay at home mom and I was wondering where should I take my 2 year old daughter for a 2 day a week, half a day program?

We just had another child and he is 4 months old. She had always been in daycare until I stopped working in December. Little man came in January, I dont really want her to go to daycare but I can tell she really needs something else to do. I try to keep up with giving her alot of activities but my son needs alot of attention to so many times I know she gets left out. Its hard for me to really even do arts and crafts with her because I always have to stop right in the middle. SO any suggestions as to a program she could go to twice a week half a day?

sm_fuller

Asked by sm_fuller at 11:49 AM on May. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some churches will do lil day care programs like that. Around here its mostly the methodist and baptist churches. Or try craigslist.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:53 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Two year olds don't need to go to daycare or pre-school. They are best home with mom and you are the best to meet her needs. Arts and crafts can wait a few months if you can't do them now. Some moms find they can use a sling to do things with their child. You would also put your baby at risk of getting sick from things your daughter would bring home. That risk goes up a lot if you aren't breastfeeding.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:58 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Does your parks and recreation have a program? Also, local churches (you do not have to be a member) are great for part time preschool choices. My twins went to one that was inexpensive and FANTASTIC for the kids.
    Anonymous

• Gaill - Thats not the question that I asked...please just answer the question or dont leave an answer at all. Sorry but I dont need anyone telling me how to raise my child!
    sm_fuller

Answer by sm_fuller at 12:20 PM on May. 12, 2010

• At 2 my daughter started 2 days/week, 4 hours/day at the preschool she continued at until she went to kindergarten. Many church preschools have either a 2 year old preschool class or a Mother's Morning Out option for younger kids. It was a great introduction to the preschool and let her get to know some of the kids as well - and they worked with them on potty training! I had to do very little at home because the "peer pressure" of her friends going at school made her want to do it as well.

Answer by missanc at 2:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Do a search for Mother's Day Out. It is a program run through churches and my 3 year old loves it. She only goes 1 day a week and it's $330 for the school year. They run on the school calendar. It's more of a playgroup than a school setting. They have free play, craft time, a snack, outside or gym time and story time. It's also really nice to have the break during the day. I guess I am a horrible mother for enjoying the break, huh Gaill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Hahaha...thanks anonymous....yes I supposed Gaill must think we are all HORRIBLE parents! Must be nice to be so perfect Gaill! But thats a great answer I will try that! Thanks
    sm_fuller

Answer by sm_fuller at 2:39 PM on May. 14, 2010