best book for natural birth/calmng techniques>

i am going to the library shortly and i am wanting a really good book for ways to relax and be calm thruout labor. i am having twins this time and going for a drug free vaginal birth.i will be in the hospital(i just feel safer). so does anyone know ofan excellent calming methods book?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 12:07 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I loved the book by Ina May Gaskin can't remember the name. It isn't necessarily about calming, but about natural births in general. A friend did hypno birthing and loved it. I personally just used a focus object and was in the water during my labors in the hospital.
    Anonymous

• yeah I had the Birthing the Bradley way or something like that. I also had this wonderful book about birth stories. The whole book was about women and their deliveries. Just google it and you will find loads of books. they are fun and inspirational books about deliveries.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:36 PM on May. 12, 2010

• The above book is called Spiritual Midwifery - very hippie, but awesome, and a wonderful help regarding calming techniques which I used for my 4 home births. Also, ANYTHING by Shiela Kitzenger (sp?). Check out books on home birth, because they offer the most useful stuff - since pain control is not an option in the home setting - serious relaxation is a given, and is addressed heavily. Good luck!!!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 1:37 PM on May. 12, 2010