In your opinion, is this a healthy lunch for a 15 month old?

1/2 turkey and cheese sandwich on 1 piece of wheat bread
ramen noodles with peas and corn (but not made with the seasoning packet,its just plain)
pretzals
Whole milk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Decent, something i would feed mine lol
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Yes, it is.

Answer by older at 12:09 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I think its pretty good.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 12:10 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I would only suggest throwing in a fruit. Other than that , I would think so.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:10 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Sounds like a well balanced meal to me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:36 PM on May. 12, 2010

• That sounds perfect!!! The only other thing I could think of is replace the ramen nodles with fruit or applesauce but I really don't see a problem with this at all!!! Sounds great and almost exactly what I feed my dd at 2.5! Good job mama!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:38 PM on May. 12, 2010

• It's acceptable, but I'd alter it to make a healthier meal. Pretzels do not have a significant nutritional value. Typically they are high in calories and sodium, and need not be included in any healthy diet. Ramen noodles aren't adding anything nutritionally either. Try wheat pasta. I'd also recommend limiting corn in your meals because it's in everything!!! Try introducing other fruits and veggies in your kid's diet like tomatoes and brussel sprouts.

Recommended reading:_The Omnivore's Dilemma_ and _Animal Vegetable Miracle_.
    Anonymous

• I agree on the pretzels and ramen noodles. Nothing in them. Look up the "every bite counts" theory they have for toddlers. It makes so much sense.
    Anonymous

• Ech, that's a lot of cheap carbs. The sandwich, veggies, and maybe pretzels, plus some fruit, would have been better. If there was already bread, the pasta & pretzels were unneccesary. Whole wheat, hopefully. The milk was good too.
    Anonymous

• That depends. It is real turkey? Is the cheese rbgh-free? Is the bread whole grain? Ramen is pretty toxic, even without the packet (next time try shirataki or whole grain spagetti). Are the pretzels whole grain, and without high fructose corn syrup? Water is a much better choice than milk.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on May. 12, 2010