Can someone help me?plz its a matter of life or death

Idont have the citizenship but i had a baby here in the usa.in case i wanna get divorced(which i don t want unless i m forced) will my husband who has the american citizenship get the custody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yea sure will.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would get on the ban wagon and get naturalized soon!

Answer by older at 12:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Become a citizen.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 12:14 PM on May. 12, 2010

• possibly. but maybe not. you should call and talk to a lawyer. just ask over the phone what the law is around that. i am so sorry. i hope it works out for you. :(
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:14 PM on May. 12, 2010

• 've always been under the impression that if a person that doesnt have citizenship in the U.S. and they were to marry an American that they qualify to become a citizen too?
    If your baby is an American Citizen the baby can stay here. Why don't you just apply for citizenship?
    Anonymous

• OP: I cant call a lawyer, i dont have money, and i can t become a citizen now, i ve been here for just a year i need 4years to become one
    Anonymous

• If your married to a US citizen you are on now..... At least as far as I know, I think you will be one no matter what if you are married for so long.... there are places for free you can call just look it up. GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Yes, your husband will gain custody of the child and you will be deported.
    Even if you are caught in the US without citizenship, you can be deported without a divorce.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

• How is this a matter of life or death?
    Anonymous

• I don't know the answer, but you should talk to a lawyer. You might be able to get help from Legal Aid. I don't know if you have to be a citizen for that. Google "community health centers" in your area. Sometimes they have a free lawyer who comes to talk to people about family issues.

Do you want to become a citizen? Maybe there is a program that will help you pay for the ESL classes. Good luck!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:13 PM on May. 12, 2010