Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone help me?plz its a matter of life or death

Idont have the citizenship but i had a baby here in the case i wanna get divorced(which i don t want unless i m forced) will my husband who has the american citizenship get the custody?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (10)
  • Yea sure will.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • Yes, I would get on the ban wagon and get naturalized soon!

    Answer by older at 12:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • Become a citizen.

    Answer by thisloveofmine at 12:14 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • possibly. but maybe not. you should call and talk to a lawyer. just ask over the phone what the law is around that. i am so sorry. i hope it works out for you. :(

    Answer by Preggydyke at 12:14 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • 've always been under the impression that if a person that doesnt have citizenship in the U.S. and they were to marry an American that they qualify to become a citizen too?
    If your baby is an American Citizen the baby can stay here. Why don't you just apply for citizenship?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • OP: I cant call a lawyer, i dont have money, and i can t become a citizen now, i ve been here for just a year i need 4years to become one

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • If your married to a US citizen you are on now..... At least as far as I know, I think you will be one no matter what if you are married for so long.... there are places for free you can call just look it up. GL!

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • Yes, your husband will gain custody of the child and you will be deported.
    Even if you are caught in the US without citizenship, you can be deported without a divorce.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • How is this a matter of life or death?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • I don't know the answer, but you should talk to a lawyer. You might be able to get help from Legal Aid. I don't know if you have to be a citizen for that. Google "community health centers" in your area. Sometimes they have a free lawyer who comes to talk to people about family issues.

    Do you want to become a citizen? Maybe there is a program that will help you pay for the ESL classes. Good luck!

    Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN