Why wont the drs induce me?

I found out yesterday at my appt that my placenta isnt working like it should be. I was told it is a grade 3, which means its not working right and its starting to deterierate (sp). They told me the baby has to be born by my due date (June 5th) but they dont want to induce me. They want me to go on my own. I feel if the baby is at risk then they should enduce. Id rather the baby be born a couple weeks early, then have something happen to him!

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 12:17 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to ask the doctors. My guess is that from the tests they feel the baby will be fine until June 5th and will then induce if necessary.
    Anonymous

• I don't think they would jeaporize the health of the baby but maybe try a 2nd opinion? GL and congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:22 PM on May. 12, 2010

• You need to talk to your doctor, not us. I'm sure they know what they are doing. If it was so bad they would have given you a c-section.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

• That doesn't mean your baby is at risk. Inducing is a chemical induced labor that is hard and fast. It could be that you being induced might cause more stress to your placenta and cause it to rupture. Which would mean an emergency C-section. If you go naturally it might be healthier and less stress on your placenta.

When you have questions about things your doctor has told you, prescribed you, etc you should ALWAYS talk with your doctor. We don't know the intentions behind what your doctor has said/done. You need to talk to them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:26 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I'm sure they won't let the baby be hurt.I know it may be emotionally concerning were your @ in your pregnancy but they do know what they are doing.They do it ALL day long all the time.I'm assuming you DO' trust your Dr.'s or you wouldn't have chosen them..?.. rite?. so have faith & it isn't what you want," to be induced", if you don't have to be.I have been & it can make the delivery process tougher.So unless you start feeling other pain or any other different body things going on , try to ride the wave out..the baby is coming 1 way or another I PROMISE !!!!! And I don't know u. LOL~Good-LUCK~*&* God Bless Baby
    Anonymous

• Trust me, you don't want to be induced if you don't need to be! It's awful! I was in labor for 35 hours and the contractions were wicked bad when I was only 3 cm and that was within the first 10 hours! I stayed at 3 for what seemed like forever!

If you want get a second opinion but seriously, stay away from being induced if you can!
    Anonymous

• like others have said, if the baby was at risk, the doctors would have acted. most likely, the baby will come when the environment inside is too stressful, or not providing what the baby needs. inducing may cause more stress for your precious baby than staying in the womb right now. it really won't be much longer now! hang in there mama!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:37 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Often times, inducing is more harmful than your current situation, and they are probably just trying to be cautious of that.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:43 PM on May. 12, 2010

• If baby was at risk of anything serious, i'm sure your doc would have acted accordingly. My placenta was the same way with #2, and they let me go 10 days overdue (went into labor on my own). Any chemical process to start labor is only going to put your baby, and your placenta at further risk, and you don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary. They're giving you to your due date because it's going to be MUCH easier on baby and placenta if you go into labor naturally, and since you're a little less than a month from that day, you still have plenty of time to go on your own.

I highly recommend talking with your doc about your concerns so he/she can better tell you the full spectrum of your situation. GL mama!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:23 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Because all placentas eventually begin calcifying and start "dying" after a certain point. It doesn't mean the baby is in any kind of immediate danger.

Inductions come with a lot of risk and going with an induction would put your baby at a much greater risk.
    Anonymous