my hobby said to me that i have to call his parents and specially his sis which she doesn't like me at all ,,even if they didn't reply or respond,,he said that my commitments!! is that okay,,coz i feel frustrated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• This was really hard to read. What I gather from it is that your husband wants you to call his parents and sister because it is your commitment to do so but you dont want to?
    Why does he want you to call him?
    Why is it your commitment?
    Confused.
    Anonymous

• I would tell him no. Chances are they dont like you either and I would be peeved if someone I didnt like called me every week.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:38 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Commitment to what? To him? I don't think so. If someone doesn't like me and doesn't want to respond then I'm not going out of my way to make things worse by bothering them. I say leave that sleeping dog (or dogs) alone. If he wants to talk to them then that's his choice. You do not have to be abused or treated badly by them in the name of commitment.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:39 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Well like it or not they are your family now. However just to call them out of the blue for no reason --I don't think so. If you were having a party for you hubby then yeah call them. You can tell him that he can call them for other reasons. Like if your expecting or if you find out some good or bad news. You don't have to call them if you don't want. You do need to be cordial at events where they are.
    These people are not your bff's they are your husbands family--you need to treat them as you would like him to treat your family.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• tough call .. i dont assume u guys are americans .. because this commitment crap thing is expected in alot of other cultures. u just have to deal with it or tell ure DH u'll do it but dont actually do it that frequently.. thats what i do :P and yes, my DH and in-laws expect the same thing from me so i understand u completely !!
    Anonymous

• same ANON 1;48 from above.. sorry !! typo error . i meant to say- ''i assume u guys are NOT americans"
    Anonymous

• yes anon 1:48 am not american and u r right,,but when my husband start to talk like that and force me to do callls and blah ...make me so angryyy
    Anonymous

• Why would you let your husband FORCE you to do anything?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 2:45 PM on May. 12, 2010

• oh u wouldnt understand ren ren .. it is required in some cultures to practically worship ure in-laws ! there;s nothing much u can do about it
    Anonymous

• I disagree. HIS family is HIS commitment. If you want to call them, then you can, but you don't have to.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:25 PM on May. 12, 2010