How many of you feel that shaving is a complete waste of time?

Has anyone else ever felt this way? We are expected to keep one half of our total body surface area free of hair. It irritates our skin and is time-consuming, then it just grows right back.

Ladies, we could all just stop! The men would have to get used to it, lol! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only shave when I'm going to be wearing something that shows skin that society says should be hairless (like shorts or sleeveless shirts). I would love to not have to worry about it even then, but I'm too self-conscious. I can't shave every day, though, even if I wanted to; I have super sensitive skin that gets irritated way too easily -- even the creams, etc. do it. But nobody cares about health reasons like that, just think it's disgusting that a woman's legs/armpits go unshaved because they have to look at hair that grows there naturally anyway... Ridiculous.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:51 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Uh, no. I LIKE being shaved, and do so every time I shower. My husband appreciates it as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:12 PM on May. 12, 2010

• There are times where I will go a month without shaving to give my skin a break. Usually, that's in winter when I'm not going to be showing my legs anyway.
    Anonymous

• I admit I don't shave as much as I use to but my legs itch more when I don't shave! I like having legs with no hair. I caoul never shave daily because that would irritate my skin. I use to shave every other day before kids! LOL Now I shave once a week..kinda bad I know but I am tired! LOL
    Anonymous

• I agree, I hate shaving. I have always seen it as a waste of time. My mom made me shave my legs at 13. I just felt like I had better things to do and knew once I started I would always have to do it.
    Anonymous

• nah, i like being shaved. i dont shave my vagina hair completley off though, but i do keep it neat. i even shave my arms. it is annoying though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

• My husband does not care or even notice when I do shave. He has told me it is a waste of time and I don't need to do it to please him. So there are men out there that feel that way. I do shave though, but not everyday. Usually once a week, sometimes longer though if I am not wearing shorts.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I shave my legs, underarms, and privates. I am aerodynamic.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Ialways shave my armpits . But I only shave my legs when the weather is warm and I wear shorts or skirts. That's it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

• ROFL! I loved the aerodynamic comment! I definitely don't do it as often as I used to.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:49 PM on May. 12, 2010