You have the potential to ovulate 2 times a month...did you know?

We all know that we ovulate 12-14 days before our period but did you know that the phase of the moon could cause you to ovulate? Sex during the phase of moon that you were born in can prompt your body to ovulate. It also effects sperm production, it increases during that phase. From what I have read, it hasn't been disproven yet.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

• as a teenager i ovulated 2 times a month, from stress.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

• 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2010 by: happy2bmom25
    as a teenager i ovulated 2 times a month, from stress
    ******************

*How could you know if you ovulated twice? I didn't think anyone could tell unless they had a Doctor testing you or used one of those ovulation kits. You know, ovulation is what happens when an egg leaves the ovary. That's it.......so how would you know if the ovary popped out an egg twice????
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• if you know your body well enough you can tell.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:14 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I was not aware of this. As to whether you know I can feel it and I can tell you which ovary it came from too. The mucous and cervix position does not guarantee you are ovulating so just watching that is not a true indication of ovulation.
    Anonymous

• Wel...it would be really rare to ovulate twice within just one cycle. I suspect there is a little too much imagination at work here.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

• gertie, i never said i ovulated twice in one cycle. i had two cycles in one month, for a while as a teen. later on in life i ovulated twice in one cycle and now have twins.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

• If you ovulate twice in a month, I would think the egg has not had adequate time to mature and probably wouldn't be viable.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:29 PM on May. 12, 2010