Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby says "the only way for him to leave me is if I have an affair"

So my hubby has been accusing me of being unfaithful and I just sick and tired of his BS. So i told him I wanted out of our marriage. Then he told me the only way he would leave is if "I have an Affair and prove it to him." To me thats just stupid, why would he want me to have an affair? Do you think its some sort of a trap? what does he have up his sleeve? help me on this one ladies thanks


Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • trap or not, who cares - don't cheat, just leave

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • If you want to be done with the marriage, be done with it. Go get the papers drawn up yourself.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • It sounds like he wants out but he wants it to be your fault. Have you tried counciling? Maybe that way you can really see what is going on and how to fix your marriage?

    Answer by Precious333 at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • It's either a trap or he has been unfaithful and wants you to have the affair so he can put all his guilt on you when he leaves.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • What state do you live in? Each state is different on the repercussions about adultery.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • He wants to make you admit to an affair, that way he can feel justified in his accusations. Kick his butt out of the family home and change the locks. Then go file for divorce yourself.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:32 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • try counseling it sounds like he has some serious trust issues, you two may be able too work them out, if you can't then you can file for divorce with out him

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • Many men who are cheating accuse the wife of cheating. If he wants proof it might mean he can justify his bad behavior by saying "see, I did it bc she did it". He does NOT have to approve your divorce. You can get it without his permission if you want one. That is why they call them Dissolution of Marriage now. You don't need a reason like in the old fashion divorces.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:26 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • In the state I live if one can prove the other has had an affair then they can get sole custody of the kids.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • first thing that comes to my mind is that he is cheating and doesn't want to be the one to officially end it, looking like the bad guy.

    Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:16 PM on May. 12, 2010