When selecting "best answer" what are some of the things you look for when choosing?

I never pick anon as best answer
If there are several pages of answers, I usually pick an answer from the first page
Answers that are most helpful without being rude
Answers that make me laugh
Answers that seem as though that person put a lot of thought,time and effort into thier response

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep you about covered it. I love picking best answer and do it within a couple of days of the post. My whole family giggles at me when I get Best Answer... I sing a little I got best answer song... apparently it is funny.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:30 PM on May. 12, 2010

• My first criteria is that the poster appears to have understood my question and posted a response that actually answers what I asked.

Sometimes when there isn't a clear best answer, but severeal that are pretty equal, I will choose an answer posted by someone who has politely and thoughtfully answered other questions I have asked.
    Anonymous

• I never choose an anon unless it was a very personal question and everyone is anon
    I only choose someone who has actually answered the question and not simply replied to other posters
    I read each answer and pick the one who I feel answered most honestly and openly or the one which gave the best advice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:40 PM on May. 12, 2010