Question for anyone who uses/used Ovulation Tests

Last night I got a positive OPK around 9:30PM.. woohhoo.. But out of curiosity, I took one this morning maybe around 7:30ish and it was negative. Should it have still been positive? It was only 10 hours or so later than my positive result. This is my 1st time using these so i'm not certain how they work.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 2:33 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• OPKs detect your LH surge, which is the hormone that tells the ovary to release the egg. The LH surge generally happens a day or two before ovulation. And it is a surge, so the hormone level doesn't stay high, which is why it's possible for some women to miss ovulation using OPKs -- because their LH surge occurs between the times when they test and doesn't last long enough to be picked up by the next test.

So short answer: A positive last night was a positive. The negative this morning means nothing other than that your LH surge has passed. You'll probably ovulate in the next day or two.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Awesome! Thanks for responding ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:45 PM on May. 12, 2010

• i always took mine in the morning and i usually got 2 pos two days in a row...
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:54 PM on May. 12, 2010