switched to soy

okay my daughter has switched to a few different kinda sence she was born 4months ago the last attempt is soy. so shes been on it for three days just still spitting up its kinda chunky compared to the alumentuim she was on, and caant go a reg poo. iv done the prune juice and even prune step one. she went once and was hard and wow needless to say it hurt her.what to due?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to your baby's doctor! Switching formulas too much can really screw them up!
    Anonymous

• I had switched my son to soy when he was a baby and it constipated him. its ok to add a little bit of Kyro (sp) to their bottle once or twice a day to help w/ the constipation. Prunes or juice never really helped my baby girl.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:58 PM on May. 12, 2010

• when I had to switch my dd to soy due to intolerance she became constipated. she is still on soy and still gets constipated. It sounds like your LO could have reflux if you've tried switching to different formula. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:02 PM on May. 12, 2010

• she was allergic to the blue can by simalic, switchd to sensitive made her burb great! but was tearing apart her stomach they said so switchd to aluimeuim and workd great for two months then started to spit up to much stomach acid. now on the soy i hate haven to switch
    Anonymous

• have y ou tried the similac sensitive rs? that's what my son was on for reflux
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:51 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I know you FF moms get really mad when a BFing mom brings up BFing with a quesiton like this, but if you have a baby that is having so much trouble with formula and the dr says it's tearing her little tummy up, why not BF? I'm not a crazy BFing Nazi. I don't think formula is poison. But it breaks my heart when a mom has a baby that's having digestive troubles like this and she just keeps switching formulas instead of BFing. Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the last post, you can try to relactate and even just a little breast milk in her diet will likely make a big difference. Here's some info in case you are interested: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html Good luck either way!
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 9:45 PM on May. 12, 2010