Have you heard of OpenOffice.org? Is it the same as Microsoft Office Home & Student?

Any details you may now about it would be great. Thank you.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 2:56 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is essentially the same as Microsoft Office Pro.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I don't know a whole lot about the program, but have heard that it's JUST LIKE Office
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:57 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I had it for a few weeks. I DO NOT LIKE IT!! It is kinda just like office, but the file extensions are different so if you try to open one made on the real Office, it doesn't work and vice versa. I made my husband fix that, and put in the real program.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:23 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Have had it for a little over a year and it DOES open office and many other file extensions. It does have it's own file extensions when you create something it the program, but you can choose to save it as a WORD file or EXCEL file or whatever you like. I mainly use Excel (Calc in open office) and it does not have some of the higher end functions I am used to in Excel, but I am a very advanced user (and teacher) of Excel too. It would work for most people and it is free.
    Anonymous