adding to my other posted question about cats broken leg?

so i'm waiting for my vets office to open as they on wednesdays are not open until 4pm-8pmand decided to risk having him sedated to take the xrays but was wondering and i can't find the answer online. if my cat's leg really is borken would he be able to put any pressure on it all. he came into the kitchen walking on it. he still most of the time which i don't see him much as the dogs are in during the day he hides is favoring his leg. i'm starting to think maybe it's a really really bad sprain and so scared of risking with his heart murmur to sedate him for xray. they said with heart murmur he might die from the sedation, so my questions are first would he be able to pressure on it at all? second should i still chance the sedation n risk loosing him or wait some more? he is 13 yrs old and so you can imagine just how many happy days he has provided me. i'm really scared but i want to do something just don't know what that is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Pets

• My dog fractured his pelvic bone last week. He was able to walk on it. He would take a few steps and then lie down. He wasn't his crazy self at all. We took him to the vet. They sedated him, and x rayed him. They gave us 2 kinds of pills. A pain killer and something for the swelling. He feels great now. Do they have to sedate him to x-ray? Take him to the vet and see what they recommend.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2010

• they said that most liekly my cat won't cooperate with the xray cause of positioning of his leg to get several takes on it. he has been to a vet. i just need to decide to take the risk or not. also they said that sedating him twice increases the chances of his death.
    Anonymous

• To answer yes they can and will walk, with alot of favouring going on. Years ago I had a cat that got beat up bad by something, I had always thought she had been kicked by a deer, but anyways. When I took her in to have her checked out, her entire pelvis was busted up as well as her back left leg. She had not only walked home from wherever she had been, but she managed somehow to get up and into the house through a window. I would seriously allow the vet to sedate her to have the leg checked, I'm sure they would be smart enough to use a mild sedation of some Valium Ketaset(?), which should make it easier on her system. Good luck with your kitty, hope she feels better soon.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 4:51 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I just now saw this post. How did it go? I hope your cat is doing better!
    r4str

Answer by r4str at 4:36 PM on May. 13, 2010

• i left a message for them to get back to me and i haven't heard from them. i'm calling right now since i'm home now.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:34 PM on May. 13, 2010