Weren't we supposed to love it once we found out what was in it?

Health Care Law - 63% Expect Health Care Law To Increase Deficit, 56% Favor Repeal

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows 63% now believe the health care reform legislation signed into law is likely to increase the federal deficit. That’s up four points from last week and up three points from when the law was passed in March.

Only 12% expect the law to reduce the deficit, down four points over the past week and the lowest level measured to date. Another 16% say the law will have no impact.

The percentage of voters who expect the law to increase the deficit has ranged from 57% to 63% since March.

Support for repeal is proving to be just as consistent as opposition to the plan before it was passed into law. Fifty-six percent (56%) now favor repeal, including 46% who Strongly Favor it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know how they could have claimed that we would love it once we had it, since Pelosi herself said that they needed to pass it to find out what was in it. Just goes to prove that none of them were interested in reading it before voting on it because they knew they would have issues with the results. Nor were they interested in the public knowing too much about it before it was voted on. They are thieves, nothing more, nothing less.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:21 PM on May. 12, 2010

• http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/march_2010/health_care_law

The majority didn't want it then, the majority doesn't want it now.  Pretty sad that our elected officials won't listen. 

Anonymous

• YES!! We were supposed to LOVE IT!!
    Anonymous

• I wish I was wrong. I wish all the wonderful things we heard about the healthcare plan were true. I am sick of paying far too much for my healthcare. And with all the bills my family has we are sinking fast. I really could use a break. But so far the only thing that changed is that we are paying more. Our insurance went up and all our doctors are charging much higher rates. One doctor who has to be seen each month for lab tests used to bill us $4.88 a month and the insurance covered the rest. Since the bill passed we now get billed $79 a month for the same service and it is just one more bill i can't afford.
    Anonymous

• Push for your states to fight against it, thats all we can really do. Our states rights are important, and we need to utilize our power. If the majority of states start fighting it, something will have to happen.
    Anonymous

• YES!! We were supposed to LOVE IT!!

Drink enough koolaid and you might.  Those with clearer heads know better. 

Anonymous

• lol This sounded like a recipe question.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

• The CBO came out yesterday and announced HCR could cost 115 BILLION more than originally estimated. Yes, that is 115 BILLION, which pushes the cost of HCR over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS. 

Obviously Americans are waking up, however it may be a little late. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:14 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Drink enough koolaid and you might.

Can you please spike mine? lol
    Anonymous

• This health care bill reform is just as bad as signing your soul to the devil.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:18 PM on May. 12, 2010