Do you think being a Christian helps you to become successful?

Someone made this comment in class today. They said that because people have Christ in their lives, they are successful. I'm thinking...yeah that is why most of the country is run by Jews.

Do you agree with her or do you think it's a person by person basis and not based on what you believe in?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 3:12 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that there are of course people out that there that are successful that don't believe in God. I don't know how truely happy they can be though. I know in my life I consider myself successful through God. He has blessed me with a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful children. I get to stay home with my kids...that in itself is something to praise him for.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Yeah but that's God. Jews believe in God too and so do Muslims. I'm talking about Christ though. Do you think he is the key to success?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:17 PM on May. 12, 2010

• No, I really don't think that is true. Success is subjective. If you are talking about making more money, I don't think being a Christian will automatically help you become more successful. Many poor people have very strong faith, and often rich people don't.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

• No I don't agree. There are many people who believe in Christ who struggle everyday. Would that also mean that your belief would bring you health and happiness too? No it doesn't work that way. If you believe that then you'll end up with the Pat Robertson types who think every natural event is divine retribution... ick.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree I think it is on a person basis not on what you beleive in.

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I don't agree, I believe it's is based on each individual as to how successful they become. If they wish to imply that their religious beliefs is behind all that they do and have, then it is by their choice, but can not be said for the whole...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:47 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I don't agree.... I am pagan and DH is agnostic... I am a SAHM, DH is plenty succesful, I have two college degrees...
    It is really based on that person, not their faith.. they have to want to work for it.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:49 PM on May. 12, 2010

• First you would have to define successful. Wealthy? Then, no.

I don't think any religion can make you wealthy unless you are on TV and people are sending you their money!

But I consider myself very rich because I am content with what I have and I practice gratefulness every day. I find that now that I am a Pagan I am even more rich because I am more in tune with Nature and all the richness there that is given to us by the lovely Goddess and the God.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:10 PM on May. 12, 2010

• it's a person by person basis and not based on what you believe in
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I do not think having God in your life makes you successful as the general worlds deems success to be. To a christian worldly success is nothing. But heavenly success that is what counts. There are rich and poor Christians and each of them just as successful in heaven :)
    Anonymous