when I exercise I hear & feel water in my stomach, is that normal?

Is that normal and how can i prevent it? It is uncomfortable when I am doing some exercises.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not sure if it is "normal" but it is common. I hate when that happens. When I exercise, I have sips of water, not big gulps to prevent that.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2010

• thats annoying, drink smaller drinks i guess
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

• i agree with babycakes254. i use to get bloated because i drink alot of water when i workout or i get migrains following a workout and i would gulp down water while excercising and i almost threw up once and then i started taking sips every3-5min and saving the gulping till adleast 5min after i rested after working out
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 3:36 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Drink less water before you workout and take sips during workout .. this happens alot when people drink too much at once. I call is slosh belly, because it sounds like water sloshing around. it can also make you throw up during workouts, so try cutting back. Don't gulp water, but drink it consistently throughout the day.

I usually have a 4 oz glass before workouts and sip throughout my workout, then another 4 oz when I finish my workout.
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 12:32 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It's probably also due to working out on an empty stomach, well empty other than water that is. I'd try to eat a small snack first too.

Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:17 PM on May. 13, 2010