Does any one know.........

how hard it is to lose weight after being on prednisone for several years? I was diagnosed with RA in 2001 and my doctor immediately put me on prednisone. I have been on it ever since. I'm on 5mg a day and have never had to increase my dosage. I am starting on methotrexate on Sunday, again, (I was on it several years ago) and I'm hoping this is going to do the trick to get my symptoms under control so that I can get off of the steroids. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with trying to lose weight after being on steroids. I'm feeling pretty depressed about the weight gain, it's seams to have snuck up on me in the past 3 years. I just wanna know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Health

• I don't know about the prednisone, but my husband is on methotrexate and it was a life saver. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• My brother uses prednisone for asthma and it definately made him gain weight. Once he outgrew the horrible attacks and didn't need to take it as often he lost a lot of weight really quickly. Then he started smoking pot and gained it all back lol.

As long as you're not waking and baking I think you will find it just kind of melts off :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• OP: I don't plan on taking up smoking weed. LOL!! I hope it just melts off! I won't be off of it for another month ir so.
    Anonymous