Who agrees with this?

It is my BIGGEST pet peeve....

When people leave children in their car to run into gas stations etc.

What are your thoughts on that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My thought on that is that anything can happen between your car and the store door and inside the store. The car could get hit the store could get robbed ANYTHING can happen have I ever left my child in the car to run in to pay for gas or grab something NO never have even crossed my mind. Last summer I was at my local wal-mart store and I was walking thru the parking lot and I see two children in a car seats and 4-5 yrs old in the back sit also in a booster so I stood there for a good 5 minutes no one come to the SUV so I called the cops and the cops got there right away and they got the little boy to unlock the door that took about 5 minutes and they got the children out of the SUV and in the cop car and the mother comes out and starts running her mother needless to say she was arrested and the children were safe. Mind you it was a hot 80 degree day with the windows crack a little. It was in our papers the next morning.
    Anonymous

• For me it depends on the age of the child. I won't leave my 5 year old, but I'm fine with running in to pay if my 8 year old is with me. I try not to get into those types of situations though. Much easier to just take care of it while they're in school or pay at the pump.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I don't do it but it is tempting. Still don't do it.
    Anonymous

• I thought that was why the invented Pay at the Pump?
    Anonymous

• Oh I mean under the age of 6 years.... When you hit 7-8 it's not as bad because they can get in and out of the car, and know where to go to get help if needed, know how to walk into the store to get you, know how to look for cars.

Anonymous

• i do but only if my 8 year old is in the car with the little ones and with strict rules not to unlock the door for anything....not even me becauuse i have a key. and i keep a close eye from inside too.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:49 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I have been known to wait for the pump by the door. pump my gas lock the car and walk up to the door open it and and tell the attendant to please come get my cash since my kids are in the car. They never leave my sight and are no more than a few steps away.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:54 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Depends on their ages. I will pump gas using my credit card at the pump, but will NEVER go inside with my kids in the car with them under 10 or so.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:11 PM on May. 12, 2010

• So it is winter- 30 below zero outside and windy as hell snowing?? I am suppose to get my toddler/infants out of their carseats and take them inside 10 feet away to pay?? even though the front of the gas station is all glass windows Really?--I NEVER DID, I always left them in the car, I live in a small town and everyone does it
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:22 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Nope, My 5 yr old comes with me. My 9 yr old would be ok in the car for a few minutes.
    Anonymous