Would you open the door if a lady came screaming that her husband was after her with your kids in the house?

I was wondering what everyone would do in this situation. My husband works nights and I don't open the door for ANYONE. unless you have a warrant, you are not getting in. But then I started thinking, what if someone needed my help? I don't know what I'd do.

So, again, the question is, would you open your door in an domestic abuse situation with her husband trailing behind her (or even at the door) with your kid(s) asleep? Would you take that risk? how would you handle it?

babycakes254

Asked by babycakes254 at 3:41 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess I honestly have to say it depends on how closely her husband was following because I wouldn't want their dispute being brought into my home and possibly injuring my son. I'm sure that makes me sound horrible, but I have to be honest.

Now if he was far enough behind that she could get in and I could lock and bolt the door then definitely and I would be dialing 911 as I did it and my dog would be at our side along with a golf club in both my hands and hers, just in case.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:56 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I couldnt ever shut the door on someone like that. I would let her in and I would call the cops. I would also get my gun just to be on the safe side.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:42 PM on May. 12, 2010

• We have guns in the house, so yes lol. I'd let her in, go and the the 9 mm and call the police.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:42 PM on May. 12, 2010

• No, but i'd call the police asap. My family comes first.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 3:42 PM on May. 12, 2010

• that's why i have a loaded shot gun hanging above my front door :) yes, i would cock my 12 gage and open the door. i'm never afraid to be home alone.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:46 PM on May. 12, 2010

• absolutly....i would just lock the door behind me and call 911.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:47 PM on May. 12, 2010

• After having BEEN that woman, I would definitely let her in without a second thought.

Calling the police is simply not good enough, if he were to kill her in your front lawn, it would be YOUR fault for not helping.

My ex tried to kill me a number of times, and almost succeeded- When the police were called the last time, I was unconscious, and he told them I was passed out drunk, so they left. I won't even tell you what he did to me after they left or the things I found in my orifices (the SHARP things I might add)... Cops are stupid, point blank- especially when you get the "Good Ole Boys" convention together... You simply can NOT depend on law enforcement to do what they are sworn to- Serve & Protect.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:48 PM on May. 12, 2010

• That is a tough one for me. I feel I could never close the door on someone like that but at the same time I would fear for my own families safety. I think I would let her in acting before I thought it through really. Locks and head up stairs calling the police on the way!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:48 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Cassie, if he is right behind her, and possibly stronger than you, he could push the door open. While I understand how dangerous it is, I also wonder how I would feel if it were ME running (not from my husband, he's wonderful hehe) from someone and no one opened because they wanted to protect themselves and their families...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:50 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Obby that is terrible :-( I'm sorry that happened to you...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:52 PM on May. 12, 2010