Help! My unemployment ran out!

I'm a single mother of three and my unemployment just ran out with no job in sight. Does anyone know of any at home work or something that I can do to earn some money until I find a job. I need to get something fast before they repo my truck and before I can't pay next months rent. Any advice, or help anyone?

tuggie71

Asked by tuggie71 at 3:57 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• go to mcdonalds
    Anonymous

• Go to every store, fast food place you can think of and apply for a job
    Anonymous

• Can you get an extension?
    Anonymous

• NO ONES unemployment is running out. NO ONES keep filing your claim and you will get the check. MY DH has been on unemployment for 2 1/2 yrs and his will not run out till he does get a job. Have you watched the news latly? Watch it and call your local unemployment office and speak to someone.
    Anonymous

• Get an extension.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 4:03 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I am sorry if this sounds like lecturing, but why weren't you looking for a job while you were receiving unemployment?? Most don't realize that this is the whole reason you GET unemployment, is so you can find work in the meantime. Waiting until the last minute could have caused this. I agree with other posters, you need to apply anywhere and everywhere.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:04 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I have been looking for a job all the while, my area of education and expertise is in advertising. Trust me I've applied for jobs even for Walmart. No one is calling me back or responding to my resume and I have a pretty good resume I think. As for an extension, I was told by my unemployment office that I do not qualify for any more extensions and even if I go back and reapply, I'll only be wasting my time unless some more legislation is passed. I've been everyewhere,
    tuggie71

Answer by tuggie71 at 4:08 PM on May. 12, 2010

• If you've applied everywhere then I have no idea what to tell you. Good luck on finding something. Maybe have a garage sale and start cutting back on unnecessary things like internet?
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:11 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Thanks CassiRae3, When I lost my job, I sold/gave away everything and I had to move into an apartment with my stepfather and father, and then my sis lost her job and she moved in, it was 9 of us to a one bedroom apartment. Then we decided to move into a house because my 91 year old grandmother didn't want to live in her apartment anymore. In the process of all of this living with 10 people. I've done all of that, I need the internet just to be able to apply for the half the jobs that may be available. The funny part is this, on unemployment I was the highest paid individual in this house. Do you see what I mean? I need some ideas, creative or otherwise because I'm stuck.
    tuggie71

Answer by tuggie71 at 4:17 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you then. Good luck.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:19 PM on May. 12, 2010