Pagans - How can I relate to Nike?

I think Nike has been trying to get my attention for over a year now and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I can relate to her? I have tried to get info on her, there is not a lot out there and what there is, I just can't relate to that much. Goddess of swiftness, victory...? Not sure why she wants to work with me. Any ideas?

FemRising

Asked by FemRising at 4:16 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Nike (nÄ«'kÄ“) - goddess of victory, daughter of Pallas and Styx. Often an attendant of Zeus or Athena, she also presided over all contests, athletic as well as military"

Are you "at war" with anyone or anything... a bad habit that needs eradicating maybe?

Is there some kind of contest you should be in, fight for a promotion, something like that??

This is the kind of stuff to think about... it will come to you ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

• SWOOSH!
    Anonymous

• JUST DO IT!
    Anonymous

• Thanks, Anon. Yes, Nike shoes are my favorites. I have an old pair that I refuse to throw away because they are the MOST COMFORTABLE shoes I"VE ever HAD! They are almost falling apart and I can't give them up. (I actually just realized right now that they are NIKES) As I said, Nike has been trying to get my attention for over a year now. I could list one thing right after another how Nike keeps turning up in my life. Some are actually funny they are so blatant. But anyway.. Just Do It.. yeah... I can see how that MIGHT relate to my life right now.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

• it's just your imagination, there is no such thing as goddesses
    Anonymous

• Seriously, take up running, or look into racing.  Train for a 5K or a Marathon. 

But remember, our dieties have their flaws as well.  Nike's is desire to win at all costs.  Don't let this overshadow you.  Be just and fair in your competitions. 

http://www.goddess-guide.com/nike.html

http://www.fjkluth.com/nike.html

http://www.goddess-athena.org/Museum/Temples/Nike.htm

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:39 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Morgain... thanks! Yes, some of those things DO strike a cord.

I get the idea now.

And anonymous said "Just Do It" and you know, even THAT has some meaning to me... and I think it would be very funny of a Goddess to use a contemporary saying associated with her... how funny.

FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 2:39 PM on May. 13, 2010

• MamaK88: thanks for the links! I'll book mark them and read later...
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 2:41 PM on May. 13, 2010