Am I weird for looking people up on the internet?

Am I the only one that looks people up just for curiosity sake? Aquaintances, ex's, old freinds.....I look them up just for fun.....I am a mom with 2 kids and a full time job, very happy in my marriage, I go to school part time. Recently I looked up a guy from the past and now my husband is angry, thinks there is some hidden meaning in this action. I told him a lot of my freinds do this and it is quite normal....am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• nope your not wierd .. i do that too when i get bored.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:18 PM on May. 12, 2010

• OMG i am glad I am not the only one that does this. Sometimes I feel like I am a freak or some type of stalker but really the only reason I do it is because I am curious and like to see where past and present friends/ex's are at in their lives now.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I don't think your weird. I do the same thing. I do think that some people do it with a meaning behind it, but in my case it's just innocent curiosity..
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:21 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I do it all the time! I google EVERYTHING! Its amazing what you'll find. I searched my town name and found an old murder case I never knew about. Then I had to google all the names that were connected to the case! I'm nosy like that.
    Anonymous

• no! I do it all the time. And my ex used to get pissed off at me. he would even get mad at me if i had a dream about another guy! so i stopped telling him. lol
    Anonymous

• Not weird at all. When I have slow spells at work I look for random people that I have known throughout my life. Not that I want to contact them, I just look out of curiosity. I am also married and very happy, not looking for anthing as I have everything I need. Just curiosity is all.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:25 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I do it too.
    Anonymous

• I do that when I'm bored. Now though, with FB, they're a lot easier to find and see what they've been up to.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:21 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I do it all the time too. I think curiosity is normal and you aren't doing anything wrong so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 12:30 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I do it too. It's a natural human thing, being curious.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:49 AM on May. 13, 2010