She is mad at me, because we have more money ?!?!

Me and my husband are pretty well off, because my husband has a very good job that he has worked at since he was 18...So we have a nice house, nice cars, nice clothes, etc. I have had my friend since high school ...she is engaged to a guy who only makes $8/hour - and calls off alot ... so they do not have alot of money

I know I have never rubbed it in her or anyones face...if we want to do something, and she doesnt have the money to do it, I pay for it...and that is fine.... I mean we really dont ever talk about money, besides in those situations...

Well we are going on vacation and we asked if they want to go, because we get a good deal and all the extras ( the extra room) is already included in the price we have to pay... all they have to pay for is the extra meals ..which was fine at first ( for them) well now her other friend is saying things like we are still friends just so my family feels better about *continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• themselves... and that we are just stuck up people who use money for everything.... and that she would never make herself look bad and be around us....

I think it is incredibly rude and selfish of her to say those kind of things ...... I still see her around, and now I feel like I should say something or should I just purposly ignore her?
    Anonymous

• It sounds like the other friend is jealous. I'd ignore it unless you are making the friend feel obligated for flipping the bill. My sister is like you. She always pays my way and she's happy with it. I'm happy with it. If you both are ok with it then just enjoy what you two friends have. I know I love it when my sis takes me on trips. She knows I appreciate it and she never throws it in my face. It's all good

Answer by admckenzie at 4:28 PM on May. 12, 2010

• btw, when you do nice things like that for others you receive a blessing. You may have all the money in the world but still may need a blessing. We all can use a blessing or two.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Ignore her. She sounds rude and jealous. I think you are being a nice friend by offering to have that other friend go on vacation with you.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:32 PM on May. 12, 2010

• it is very nice of you to invite her on vacation! Ok so her friend said those things...but did your friend say those things? If your friend doesnt feel that way, I wouldnt think twice about it. If her friend was quoting something your friend said, I'd ask her (your friend) why she didnt come to you and talk about things...because that's what friends do. But don't be bitter about it or ignore her... have the better head on your shoulders!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:33 PM on May. 12, 2010

• My sister in law is like that. They are 20 and barely making it and decided to have 2 kids back to back. My husband and I are 5 years older and he makes a good living and we decided to stop at one child untill we could afford another comfortably. When ever we take a trip or she see's us going out to eat, my daughter always wears nice new clothing, she makes remarks about it. I feel bad for her because she's depressed, but she put herself in the situation. Ignore her she's just jealous...

Anonymous

• Pure Jealousy! That's very nice of you to pay for things. Nobody in my family is what you would call "rich" but we have all paid for one thing or another through the years. The other friend sounds envious that you can take your friend on vacations and she can't.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:46 PM on May. 12, 2010

• it sounds the like friends problem not your friends or your problem. take her anyway and have tell her friend she doesn't know what the heck she is talking about. not everyone can make or have nice jobs. my brother is jealous of me and my husband cause he doesn't know how to manage his money and we do. he can make 16-18 an hr when mine only makes 13. i have been to ireland, england when i was a single mother of 3 kids working and making only $7.19 per hour and paid for my own wedding. bought a house, a new van and 3 purebreed dogs all at once. plus we have 4 kids. if i know anyting is how to save and find the best deals and do without, i have issues with spending money and yes at times my pays for us to visit her in mexico. i don't feel bad about it. sometimes money is tight and sometimes it's not and it's no bodys business but yours and whoever esle you bring into it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:53 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I would ask my friend what she thinks and if she feels the same way then I would let her know that we don't really need to be friends anymore. Why surround yourself with a bunch of jealous people? If the friend is grateful and doesn't feel bad around you that is OK, but if you get the feeling she feels like a charity case then you need to take that into consideration as well.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Everything you said sounds stuck up! Your SIL made are choice, and it was to give life to her children instead of having money. Clearly her wants where better then yours. Money is fleeting.... love lasts forever.

My sister in law is like that. They are 20 and barely making it and decided to have 2 kids back to back. My husband and I are 5 years older and he makes a good living and we decided to stop at one child untill we could afford another comfortably. When ever we take a trip or she see's us going out to eat, my daughter always wears nice new clothing, she makes remarks about it. I feel bad for her because she's depressed, but she put herself in the situation. Ignore her she's just jealous

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:01 PM on May. 12, 2010