Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to the hospital...

For mild chest discomfort? It doesn't hurt, just mild pressure. I ask this because I have no insurance and no money to pay for an ER visit! I don't want to go in and be told it's indigestion or something.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (12)
  • Honestly, probably not, for the same reasons as you. It could be gas, indigestion or even anxiety causing the discomfort. How old are you? If it doesnt go away I would go though.

    Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 4:29 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • You'd have to be a bit more specific....
    pressure in the heart area?
    pressure in the lung area?

    if you think it may be indigestion, take some antacids.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • It's right in the middle of my chest, like between my breasts, a full, pressure sensation. I am 27.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • I probably wouldn't, but for me it'd probably be gas which has a way of working itself out.

    Answer by Pnukey at 4:34 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • with the further info, I say get some baking soda and water (should have directions on the box)

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • Are you feeling extremely tired or out of it? That is the main symptoms along with chest discomfort in women for heart attacks.... You would also feel like very short of breath..... It probably is a pulled muscle or anxiety, but if you are having those other symptoms go in.... GL! Keep us posted!

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:37 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • no to me it wouldn't be serious enough and since you have no insurance then you'd have a huge bill and if you don't pay it looks bad on credit even if they don't consider medical as bad credit it's still there.

    Answer by melody77 at 4:38 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • I am feeling tired but I always am! Thanks ladies! I think i'll give the baking soda a try.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • I sometimes get that if I've had a bigger meal or I haven't chewed something properly. A large glass of water might help if that's the case.

    Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:44 PM on May. 12, 2010

  • Oh hon I feel your pain,you need to buy yourself some probiotics right away,these can be bought at your local health food store when you get some cash or something. Also drink tons of water,and eat some yogurt.

    Answer by MarGeee at 6:54 PM on May. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.