how can u be a good wife?

my husbans says that i m not nice to him b/c i yell when we fight.is this normal or it s a human reaction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• i yell when we fight too so does he..how you act when you get in a fight has nothing to do with how good a wife you are when you don't fight
    Anonymous

• Are you treating him the way you want to be treated?
    Anonymous

• op:he wants to do it his way except for the little things he share the decision with me.im not the type of person who wait for people to decide for me i ve always been independant. for him i m his wife i have to do what he wants.i don t deny that when we go to buy, for insatance, a swing, or sheets, he s asking what i think but for the big matters he wants it his way.
    Anonymous

• Fighting has nothing to do with being a good wife I would let him know you are an adult and while he is making all of the important decisions I would ask why you both were there when you were deciding to be together for the rest of your life you both decided together. this is the way a relationship or marriage works and I would share that with him. Tell him its both of you making choices together.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:12 PM on May. 12, 2010

• If I am mad enough to fight with my husband, I'm definitely yelling about it. Thing is, we very very seldom fight. But just because I yell during a fight does not make me a bad wife. I am a very good wife in every area (at least I try to be and hubby does not complain) so a little yelling should not negate that fact.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:21 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Every couple manages their marriage their own way, but my husband and I do not fight and yell at each other. That is not the kind of realationship I would want.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:45 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I used to yell when we would fight, I used to be mean most of the time too though, and we used to fight a ton. Now when we fight it is normally more of a quick argument, then we work it out, and its over. If you want to become a good wife, read proper care and feeding of husbands, or you can take it even farther and read the surrendered wife. I consider myself a surrendered wife, and couldnt be happier about it. I know its not for everyone, but it works amaizingly well for us. My husband has the final say in everything, but he always considers my opinion (unless its something unimportant to me) I am happier then I have ever been this way. Even if you dont want to take it that far I recomend the first book just because it snapped me out of being a crappy wife all the time and made my husband fall in love with me again.
    Anonymous

• Your DH is being an a**. Of course you yell when you fight. I do.

Answer by louise2 at 6:12 PM on May. 12, 2010

• You can learn to express yourself without shouting. Just practice.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Yelling is not a "human reaction." Learn to talk to each other or your kids will be yelling at you and each other next.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:00 PM on May. 12, 2010