called in to work... dh "disapproves"

I just got a job a few weeks ago to help pay bills. I didn't really want to get one but money was a little tight. We are short staffed at work so I've had one day off a week since I started which I don't mind because it's part time and we need the money! Someone else quit today and they need me to work! Nobody else is able to who isn't already and DH is upset because I'm working! It feels like he wanted me to get a job and is now mad I'm making money... I don't get it! Does this make any sense to anyone??? It's a 3 hours shift at night...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know how you're feeling. I got a part time job in the evening after my (now ex) husband encouraged me to do so. We needed the money and I needed to get out of the freakin' house.
    For the first week or so he was great about it.
    I would work 5 days a week from 6pm-10pm. It didn't interfere with his schedule and our son was in bed by 7pm every night so it's not like he had to do anything after that.
    He started giving me a hard time about "never being home" and "I never get to see you."

He also gave me a hard time about going to bed shortly after getting home from work.
    Sorry, if you got up with the baby throughout the night EVER then I probably wouldn't be so tired after a full day of cleaning, cooking, mothering, and laundry and then going straight to work to fold copious amounts of hotel laundry for four straight hours.

Men are stupid. They think they know what they want and they clearly don't. Lol.

I feel your frustration
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:54 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I had that problem and it turned out he was mad because he felt the hours were more then he agreed to and I told him either I work we cannot have it both ways.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:54 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Thank you ladies! he's driving me crazy!!! He wants to get out of the Army so I got a part time job to make the transition to full time easier which he was all for! He was medically injured in Iraq and will be medically discharged but because of his the injuries to his brain he is unable to learn or use his GI bill so I'm going to have to work more than this when it's all said and done. I am just so irritated that he isn't able to handle these hours because we really need the money and as soon as our Store Manager gets back I won't even get 17 hours a week!!! Right now I'm at 25; yet he can't handle it.....
    Anonymous