This is about CPS

I made a complain against my EX ...For a few different reasons that I really do not care to share. My question is Can CPS come into your home with out you being there? The lady went to the school and talked to all 3 of my boys. She left me a card on my door. Thanks in Advance.

Tennin

Asked by Tennin at 4:54 PM on May. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• If someone lets them in they can but if no one is home they can't get in. So yes they can but have to be invited in by someone.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure I made sense. "invited in" might have been confusing. Someone has to open the door to them but you yourself do not have to be there. My kids opened the door and let them in and I wasn't there. They called me to come home from work. They stayed until I got there.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on May. 12, 2010

• only if they have a warrent!
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 4:58 PM on May. 12, 2010

• This lady I know had a really nasty dirty house, and a sherriff was dispatched to check on the child and no on was home, it was a trailer house, not that has anything to do with it except-- there was cement blocks around the yard from when it was set up and the sheriff took a block and stood on it and look through the windows and took pictures and say how nasty it was. Then waited till some one was home and came back with more cops and CPS and took her kid away and she never got it back.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:09 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Oh wow, My house is not nasty or anything like that. Maybe clutter but not nasty. I have a ton of clothes on my bedroom floor where I am getting ready to throw them away ( goodwill) . I felt uneasy about having company that I didnt invite over with out a notice. Wasnt sure if they can just walk in with out anyone being home.
    Tennin

Answer by Tennin at 5:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Um that would be breaking and entering in any ones book. If someone invites them in then they can look around, but without a warrant even if you are home you do not have to let them in.
    Anonymous