Fever of 102.4.....why?

No vomitting....doesn't seem to be in pain...only a fever. He's 11 months. Why do you think this is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some sort of virus or other infection that his body is fighting off. Can also be caused by teething.
    Most likely cause I would assume the beginnings of an ear infection due to teething drainage into the ear
    Anonymous

• Roseola is a common childhood virus. The symptoms are only a fever, with no other obvious pain or discomfort. If it is Roseola and a rash appears in a few days, it means its over.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 5:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Teething.

Answer by louise2 at 5:48 PM on May. 12, 2010

• No telling. Probably fighting something off. If it goes down with medicine and goes away in a day or two, then there's no need to worry. If other symptoms appear or medication doesn't help or it doesn't go away withing a couple of days, then you should take him to the doctor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:49 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I dont know but when you find out can ya tell me? Cuz my 4 year old is doing the same thing. I brought her to the doc yesterday but there is nothing wrong with her. They did a strep test and checked her ears and everything wa normal. I'm at a loss with it too. Sorry, I hope he gets better soon. I hate it when my babies get sick and i cant do anything to make them feel better.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 8:10 PM on May. 12, 2010